Thursday, June 21, 2012

Betrayed

It's far too easy to accuse someone of being a betrayer when the person who often betrays us the most is our very self! Daily we battle self in every possible way.

1) We are betrayed by our mind. "I did my research and was so sure, and yet I was still wrong." "Wow! That's not the way I remember it. My memory must be going." "You should listen to me, I have more education than he does."

2) Our body constantly betrays us. "I don't even recognize the person in the mirror. Surely that's not me?!" "I tried with everything I have and still couldn't place." "Where are all these aches and pains coming from?"

3) Emotions betray by their very nature. "I can't understand why this didn't work out. I was so sure this would be so right. I trusted my feelings." "I didn't intend to lose so much, but I felt this would be the big win for me." "I fall in and out of love too easily... I just can't resist."

4) We are betrayed by our confidence. "I trust my driving more than anyone else and yet I just didn't see that car coming." "I really should have listened to them and I wouldn't be in this mess today." "Don't blame me for losing the game, anyone could have missed that ball."

5) We are betrayed by our spiritual insight. "I believe god is anything you want it to be." "I don't believe in what I cannot see." "I believe that all people are good on the inside."


Yet we distance or disown the other person when we would never consider disowning our self.

How about reconciling with someone you feel has wronged you... they're really not your worst enemy. It's the best thing you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment