Tuesday, February 15, 2011

'The Seasons'

The Alpha & Omega Suite was begun in 2000 and nine years later was completed in 2008. Though heavy on lyrics, the compositions were also written to stand on their own as an orchestrated instrumental.

After taking a two year hiatus away from the music, at the end of 2010 I returned to the compositions and started notating and scoring. The new variation on the Suite is referred to as 'the Seasons'. Each season will contain a different 'take' on the individual pieces, for instance Autumn emphasizes strings and orchestra, Winter is heavy on piano, Spring will be more hard/electric, and Summer is not determined yet.

I am randomly scoring the individual pieces separately as I feel inspired. So far the 2-1/2 parts I've completed have each taken 5 to 6 weeks of endeavor. The Psalmists Sonata, though number 12 out of the 35 pieces was the first I wrote the sheet music for. It is a piece which when first written back in 2004, was immediately 'stuck in my head' as a heavy string arrangement. These strings are also a part of the first recorded version with lyrics.

Promises Fulfilled was the first song written for the Alpha & Omega Suite... back in 2000. It has always been dear to me and became the second piece notated and scored the first month in 2011.

At the slow rate I'm putting these songs to sheet music, I probably won't complete more than six or seven songs a year. So... I'm asking you to be patient and sit back and wait as each new composition is added. Hopefully, you enjoy them as much as I do and you will feel it is worth the wait.

Let the season begin.

________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment