Sunday, April 10, 2011

I am not a Paul

The Example of Ezra

Ezra is believed to be the author of the entire Psalm 119.

(1) First, as a scribe, Ezra dedicated himself to carefully studying God's Word.

(2) Second, he intended to apply and obey personally the commands he discovered in God's Word.

(3) Third, he was committed to teaching others God's Word and its application to life.

Ezra was dedicated, obedient, and committed.
That was Ezra... and can also describe Paul too. But it is not Paul... he had additional strengths and bold abilities. He was superbly equiped for the special ministry God had given him. They were quite different. I am much more like Ezra than I am Paul.

This is me...
I am not a good orator. I am not bold or good at confrontations. I do not go out of my way to evangelize or debate those of opposing views. I greatly admire Paul but I am not him or have his strengths. I am much more like Ezra and will strive to be as effective with what God has given me as he was. Like Ezra, I will: (1) Dedicate myself to carefully studying God's Word. (2) Apply and obey personally the commands discovered in God's Word. (3) Commit myself to teaching others God's Word and its application to life.

I feel that the Alpha & Omega Suite conveys important God-ordained doctrines as well as any musical to be found anywhere. That's what it's all about.
_________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment