Monday, August 22, 2011

Woke Up This Morning

Woke Up This Morning by pdw's atelier
Woke Up This Morning, a photo by pdw's atelier on Flickr.

Way back before I was a kid… back before technology and other wonders of the electronic age, most people stayed in one place. You didn't hear of too many people moving around. Normally, where you were born was where you died. This was reflected in an artist's works as well. That's one of the main reasons that artists of old churned-out a plethora of paintings which reflected subject matter similar to one another. (If I want to get mean, I could also add that many artists specialize in certain things, while they ignore other subjects that they're not all that good at painting.)

What's all that got to do with this image? Not much, except that someone commented that I only paint a bunch of rural scenes. Not the case really. I'm going to start including several of my 'cityscapes' for your visual consideration. With these you can gander at the geometric shapes reflecting the organic light illuminating and giving contrast to the view.

Oh yeah… I sure have moved far too many times in my life. It does get old.

No comments:

Post a Comment