Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Another iPad Post

When I purchased my iPad eight months ago I assumed it would replace my computer for about 20% of my usage. At the office I use Adobe Creative Suite eight hours a day. What I didn't factor in are the multitude of excellent (but simple) apps for iOS. By utilizing several image apps, each with specific strengths, I no longer use PhotoShop on my computer in the same capacity I once did.

I never expected the iPad to replace my computer for over 60% of usage... but it has! There's only one area where a computer still has a tablet beat, and that's for inputting many, many words. A keyboard is still the fastest way to go for that (if you're a fast typer).

And the icing on the 'iPad cake' is image manipulation, using one's finger on the actual screen is so much better than using a computer's mouse/trackpad/Wacom pen/etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment