Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Return of the Prodigal - Winter

Return of the Prodigal - Winter

In all honesty, this one caught me off guard.
When I composed it several years ago, I didn't fully understand it. Yes, I knew that it emphasized God's grace and redemption to all who go astray and are wayward. I fully understood the parable of the prodigal son returning to his father who greeted him with open arms... and how this perfectly illustrates our Father in heaven ready to accept us in our broken, repentant state.

What I didn't comprehend was what direction this song was supposed to take in order for the music to do justice to the strong lyrical message. Well I found out recently when contemplating and praying over the instrumental arrangement. Even I was surprised when the instruments brought out the beauty of the composition.

"Return of the Prodigal" is #28 in the Alpha & Omega Suite. This is the Winter variation from 'the Seasons'.


Wow! Even though I composed and arranged this, I'm surprised with the direction it went. ((TYJ!))

No comments:

Post a Comment