Thursday, July 19, 2012

I Can See Clearly Now

There are two types of eyeglass wearers and I have now found out which type I am.

I've worn bifocals for several years and haven't had any problems with them. Due to a rapid change in my eyesight, I recently had an exam and got two pairs of glasses. The optometrist promoted the new seamless progressive lens and I've also heard several folks mention how much they enjoy the progressive lens, so I went ahead and got two pairs of these new, improved glasses. Well, after forty days I absolutely hate the dang things! I just can't get used to them, in spite of the mantra, "Try them, you'll get used to them"… they're worse than not wearing glasses at all. Luckily, the eye doctor has a 90 day guarantee so I had him change one pair over to bifocals. I picked them up last evening and guess what… I can finally see again! I can see great!

So, of the two types of people… those who love progressive lens and those who hate them, I am most clearly (pun intended) a big ol' hater!

No comments:

Post a Comment