Friday, October 12, 2012

Search Me

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
(Psalm 139:23,24)

The Psalmist confidently asks God to 'search and know my heart'. He was not confident that God would find nothing wrong, but that He definitely would! Our hope in The Lord is not that we're so good and pure that God will not be able to find anything screwed-up about our self, but that even though we are filled with impurities, God will make those known to us and help us mend and move ahead. By His might we will continue to grow and become the person He desires us to be. Only by being led by the Lord can we hope to walk "along the path of everlasting life."

No comments:

Post a Comment