Friday, May 10, 2013

Irises

Irises by pdw's atelier
Irises, a photo by pdw's atelier on Flickr.

While walking the cobblestone path around the historic bicentennial home, one's attention is naturally drawn to the buildings and immaculate grounds. In our group of tourist/visitors, most of the cameras were pointed at the fixtures which were highlighted in the tour guide's fascinating stories. I too paid close attention to those important buildings, but it was the immaculately planted Irises which ended-up in my picture. It was the way the sun-rays penetrated through the sheer white/purple petals, causing them to 'glow' in the daylight, that demanded my focus... at least for a moment.

I really can't remember what the guide talked about that day, but I had a lot of fun playing with the purple, white and green pigments that are the Irises.

No comments:

Post a Comment