Monday, November 29, 2010

The Artist's Comments on Art

I'm amazed at how much good ART is out there. 
Surely these artists never attended art schools 
or taken formal art training?
____________________________________

Art is NOT derived from...
vanity;
narcissism;
egotism...

What?
Oh!
It is??
My apologies.
I guess I should only speak for myself 
and not for others. 
____________________________________

We've made an art form out of superficiality.

We heavily invest our time; our finances; and
our passions in the pursuit of things superficial.

Though the harmful effects are not always 
immediately seen, they surface in times of duress 
and want, when our weakened character battles 
to decipher what is important and what isn't. 
____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment