Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What Is Music?

If a song doesn't have the musical memorability to be "stuck in my head" then there's a good chance that I could care less whether I ever listen to it again, or not. Unfortunately, this also means there are songs that I love the music to, but the lyrics aren't worth the time of day. In those cases I would just as well hear the song as an instrumental and leave the lyrics for someone who is on the same level. Too bad most music isn't recorded in such a way that the vocal/lyric track could easily be switched off.

I also use the same criteria on my own songs. I've thrown away and discarded songs because I've classified them as 'filler'... which I'm not a big fan of. When I see famous musicians putting filler on their albums, I feel their label would rather them release drivel than spend the time to produce their best.

__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment