Saturday, May 14, 2011

Bad Good Samaritan

Outside of Dollar Tree, a young black woman with glasses was hurrying from her car and accidently dropped a coin to the wet pavement. She took a quick glance down, didn't find it, and then raced into the store without it. I wanted to do a 'good Samaritan' deed, so I found the coin (a quarter) and went inside to give it to her.

As soon as I entered Dollar Tree I saw the young woman. I approached her and said "Excuse me. I saw you drop this quarter." I gave it to her. She accepted it but she also seemed quite puzzled. I felt pleased I had done a good deed... until I noticed a young black woman with glasses hurry out of the store. I looked out the window and could see that she was looking all over the wet pavement for her dropped quarter!

Oops!! I had obviously given it to the wrong person. Stupid me.

If I had had another quarter in my pocket, I would have gone out there and given it to her. As it was, I just came to terms that I was in no way a good Samaritan... at least in this instance.
-----------

No comments:

Post a Comment