Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Replace Your Laptop

By no means does a tablet have to replace a laptop for everything. My iPad replaces my laptop for about 50 to 60% of my computing needs. Those needs make-up about 90% of my time spent when not using the computer for work related activities. It is those leisurely tasks, such as checking email and facebook, scanning web sites, looking up a contact/address; seeing what's playing at the local theater, and various other social media activities that make the iPad function far more efficiently and easily than my laptop (especially if the laptop's turned-off and has to go through the tedious process of turning-on).

My tablet has not replaced my laptop for everything, but for the things I mentioned, it has taken away the desire to go backwards and use the laptop (with it's ancient 1990 form factor) for those activities.

__________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment