Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ipad Maps

This post is for all those who (like myself) could have used a thorough instruction book, but because the iPad didn't come with one we have to discover things on our own.
All iPad experts can go get a cup of coffee and ignore this post.
Whew!!!

Let's talk about the contact/address book.
Since most of my address experience has been with WinCe devices and very cheap Android tablets, I am accustomed to not receiving easy address book sync. I was extremely pleased when syncing my iPad to various computers that on it's own it pulled in contacts dating back almost two decades. (Many of these I had forgotten were even on some of the computers).

The iPad gets an A+ for being the easiest device I've ever owned for organizing my contacts. (Okay, honestly, I had to go in and remove quite a few duplicates.)

But here's the most amazing part...
I accidentally tapped on an address and the dang thing instantly opened-up Google Maps full-screen showing the exact address with a pin in place!! I could zoom in so close that it was almost possible to see my brother working in his back yard. LOL

Why didn't anyone tell me about this?
I've never owned a device that mapped an address so easily and quickly. (Zero percent effort and amazing speed.)
For my mapping/address needs, my laptop will be gathering some dust.

______________________

No comments:

Post a Comment